Thursday, February 17, 2005

Balls up...

If I wasn't already convinced that the state Liberal party were a bunch of morons, I think this definitely confirmed it...

On tuesday, Colin Barnett held an official campaign launch for the state election. As is the case with these events they like to play a bit of music to accompany the speaker as he makes his way to the podium. The music that was chosen was the theme from M*A*S*H. I think some Liberal lackey didn't really check the name or meaning of the song.

The song is called 'Suicide is Painless', and the lyrics include:

The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say.

The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat for
that's the only painless feat.

A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
is it to be or not to be
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

'Cause suicide is painless
it brings on many changes and I can
take or leave it if I please.
...and you can do the same thing if you please.

No comments: