Monday, March 21, 2005

Let's do the timewarp again...

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right...

And a step back in time.

This blog entry is coming to you from a hotel room in the city of churches, Adelaide. Sorry I didn't let you guys know but I was off sick Thursday arvo and all day Friday with a sore back and the trip was organised Friday arvo. I am here to fix a client's problem, and wouldn't you know it. it was all due to Stupid User Syndrome so the trip is nearly a waste.

But back to timewarps... When I landed in Adelaide on Sunday night I was surprised to find that when getting off the plane we had to walk across the tarmac to the terminal building.

"You're not in Kansas no more..." came to mind.

Next interesting (backward) fact, Adelaide airport has a curfew so the residents nearby don't have their sleep disturbed. The curfew is from 11 PM to 6 AM.

Next fact, they don't have freeways... the most major road they have is akin to Leach Hwy. On whilst talking roads, I must say their roads are absolute shite. Very rough and patchy.

I thought us Western Australians were a little deprived due to distance from the east coast, but I feel better now.

There is one thing Adelaide has over Perth, they have more restaurants per capita than anyt other city in Australia so finding a place to eat is very simple.

I'll be back in Perth tomorrow arvo (5 PM, Tuesday) so I'll be back in contact tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning at work.

Bye

No comments: