Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Passion of the Clerks

The ultimate slacker movie, Clerks, is getting a sequel.

The Passion of the Clerks

The sequel picks up 10 years on from where Clerks left off. "It's about what happens when that lazy, 20-something malaise lasts into your 30s. Those dudes are kind of still mired, not in that same exact situation, but in a place where it's time to actually grow up and do something more than just sit around and dissect pop culture and talk about sex," Smith said during an interview at his Hollywood office.

Jay and Silent Bob were supposedly laid to rest after 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back...' was made. That was true, but Kevin Smith made a promise to Jason Mewes (Jay) that if he could stay off drugs for a period of time he would let Jason play Jay one more time. Gotta repay the drug debts somehow.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Mall Rats, Chasing Amy and Dogma.

These are movies that I've heard are really good, time and again from various people.

I suspect those people merely wanted to appear to be in touch with popular culture.

I don't remember most of all of those movies as each time I've watched them they were screened on a dodgy TV from a dodgy VHS tape.

Nevertheless I remember being so underwhelmed by them that I've not since had the courage to revisit them, lest I slash my wrists for wasting so much time on those movies again.

Craig said...

I found them all pretty entertaining, Mall Rats was the weakest there I think.

There are those who watch them just to be 'cool' and rave about them incessantly. The same people are guilty of putting Sigur Ros on their iPods and advertising the fact. Can also be seen in those who read the Da Vinci Code...