Media Stream Technologies is shipping a tiny x86-based platform for a range of space constrained embedded applications such as kiosks, mini PCs, and network appliances. The fanless eBox-3800sl and 3850ps feature a low-power Via Eden processor with support for Windows XP Embedded.
Media Stream lists the following key features and specifications for the eBox-3800:
- Processor -- Via Eden-N Nano, 800 MHz
- Memory -- 128 or 256 MB DDR RAM
- Integrated Via UniChrome 2D/3D Graphics with MPEG2 Accelerator
- 8 to 64 MB video RAM shared with system memory
- CRT and LCD outputs, 1280 x 1024 max. resolution with 32-bit color
- 1 EIDE UltraDMA 133 on 44-pin header
- 1 X-PCI connector
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet, built-in boot ROM, RXE boot, wake on LAN
- 2 USB 2.0, one on front
- PS/2 keyboard and mouse
- LPT and RS-232 (3850ps only)
- 3800sl : 170 x 124 x 38 mm
- 3850ps : 170 x 124 x 58 mm
- +5 VDC, 4.5 A max.
The 3850ps has enough space to accomodate a 2.5 inch hard disk drive.