Friday, February 24, 2006

Fat people getting fucking angry...

...about fucking nothing.

You may have heard recently about a fat woman who was asked to pay for 2 seats on a Southwest Airlines flight in the US. Well on an amazingly angry blog called Big Fat Blog, they are going apeshit over what it means to fat people to have to pay for 2 seats.

First article, second article

Some of the comments in there are just plain great comedy, have a read if you get the chance.

I commented about this situation on a different blog:
The whole 2 seats for one thing seems to dominate the blog. I am not a small person, but I concede if I am too big to fit in one seat then I must pay for two. I am really surprised that these people can't accept that.

The reply:
Yeah, its certainly got its weaknesses, however, Craig, perhaps you could also look at it from the perspective that airline seats are actually too small to begin with?

I imagine that if you were judged daily because of your appearance (particularly claims that "fat" is automatically synonymous with "unhealthy" to the point where people will take DANGEROUS surgery and malnutrition rather than being overweight), you'd have a mighty chip on your shoulder too.


Airline seats are too small? I am a 6 foot tall male with quite a big build, who weighs 94 kg at present, I have been up to 130 kg and never in my time of travelling have I found airline seats to be too small.

Medically speaking I am rated as obese but I couldn't give a rats about how an formula rates me as it doesnt take into account my natural body size anyway, all it looks at is height vs weight. My older brother weighs only a couple of kilos less than me yet fits into a size smaller clothes because his shoulders and waist aren't as wide as mine. Even so, I still realise that when I was 130 kg, it was a very unhealthy weight. Even when I lost the first 10 kg I could felt a change in how I felt, it was easier to get up in the morning, I could walk a km without feeling tired, I slept much better, it doesn't hurt so much when I crash my bike, etc.

These people who are 150 kg and over and expect airlines to cater to them is absurd. Being that overweight is not natural and never will be. Sure you may have special medical reasons as to why you are that weight, but that doesnt mean everyone else has to pay more for their airline seat (because they can't fill the plane with as many people).

Hey, maybe they could avoid the 'embarassment' of situations like this by paying for a larger business class seat in the first place.

In the last month I have probably insulted jews, now fat people, what I can I rag on the muslims about...

No comments: