Friday, March 03, 2006

Then and now...

As I approach my 30th birthday I have been thinking about what has changed over the last 10 or so years, and wouldn't ya know it, things have changed a lot. Some things not so much...

    Then and now...
  • Then, my alcohol bill was greater than my fuel bill each week, now, I am lucky if I have a couple of bourbons or bottle of wine each week
  • Then, I was earning ~$125 per week, now I am earning more than 10 times that
  • Then, I had no debts (HECS didn't count), now I have a mortgage, a car loan and a credit card
  • Then, I lived at home with my parents, now I live with Donna's parents (not for much longer W00T!)
  • Then I did some Access 2.0 development work on the side, now I do .NET development with a bit of Access 97 on the side (sad really...)
  • Then, my days were spent going to lectures and tutorials interspersed with acting like a big kid, now I go to work and go home to a kid
  • Then, I weighed 125kg, now I weigh 95kg
  • Then, I had long hair, now I have none
  • Then, I took life for granted, now I try to enjoy every second of it

No comments: