Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Snivelling grub...

Probably the most exciting thing to happen in Canberra in a long time occured today.

But first a little bit of background. Last Thursday during parliamentary debate, Tony Abbot (Liberal attack mutt), called Kelvin Thomson (Labour) a 'snivelling grub'. When asked to withdraw the comment, Tony Abbot said 'If I have offended grubs, I withdraw my comment unconditionally'.

Today, during a speech by Tony Abbot, Julia Gillard motioned that the 'snivelling grub over there be not further heard'. As with Tony Abbot, the speaker of the house requested an unconditional withdrawal of the comment to which she echoed Tony Abbot's line of 'If I have offended grubs, I withdraw my comment unconditionally'. At which she was ejected from the chamber and is not to return for 24 hours.

The speaker has said that he banned Ms Gillard because the withdrawal was not an unconditional one.

I have few questions...
1) These are the people we elect to represent us and they act like children. Do we really deserve dickheads like this running the country?
2) Why isn't the speaker of the house an independent person?
3) Who made up the stupid rules that are followed in parliament?

No comments: