Friday, June 22, 2007

Richmond Tigers fans are gay...

Or 70% more likely to be gay.

101_0524

Roy Morgan did a survey into sports fans and their habits. Primarily
to help advertisers know how effective or how worthwhile it is to
sponsor a footbal club.

You can find it here.

And going by some of the results, I reckon there would be some big companies that were quite happy with spending their sponsorship dollars. See the following:

  • West Coast Eagles supporters are 35% more likely to have eaten at a Hungry Jack’s outlet in the last four weeks
  • Essendon Bombers supporters are 20% more likely to have 3 Mobile as their mobile phone service provider
  • Sydney Swans supporters are 38% more likely to have Vodafone as their mobile phone service provider

Along with the serious results of the survey, it managed to find a few results that I found amusing:

  • Richmond fans are gay - Richmond Tigers supporters are 70% more likely to agree that "I consider myself a homosexual"
  • Carlton fans are gay too - Carlton Blues supporters are 36% more
    likely to agree that "I consider myself a homosexual"
  • And we now know why the Eagles play harder to beat Carlton and
    Richmond - West Coast Eagles supporters are 17% more likely to agree
    that "I believe homosexuality is immoral"
  • Adelaide fans are dole bludgers - Adelaide Crows supporters are 11%
    more likely to agree that "I think it's the Government's duty to
    support those who can't find work"
  • Brisbane fans are a little slow - Brisbane Lions supporters are 45%
    more likely to agree that "I need a mobile phone to access the
    Internet"
  • Freo fans like BBQ Chicken - Fremantle Dockers supporters are 99% more likely to have eaten at a Red Rooster restaurant in the last four
    weeks
  • Freo fans are a group of handy folk - Fremantle Dockers supporters are
    35% more likely to have made a purchase from Bunnings in the last four
    weeks
  • Saints fans are bogans or ricers - St Kilda Saints supporters are 54%
    more likely to have made a purchase from Autobarn in the last four
    weeks
  • West Coast fans are (surprise, surprise) snobs - West Coast Eagles
    supporters are 50% more likely to agree that "It only feels like a
    holiday if I leave Australia"
  • Footscray fans are tossers - Western Bulldogs supporters are 118% more likely to have made a purchase from Colorado in the last four weeks

Here is the full list of results:

When compared to all AFL supporters:

Adelaide Crows supporters are:
• 77% more likely to have eaten at a Pizza Haven restaurant in the last four weeks;
• 40% more likely to have consumed Sunkist in the last seven days;
• 21% more likely to agree that “If I could afford to eat out every night I would”;
• 18% more likely to agree that “I would have difficulty coping with a demanding job or career”;
• 17% more likely to agree that “I avoid staying at accommodation that does not have genuine environmental policies”;
• 16% more likely to agree that “I believe homosexuality is immoral”;
• 14% more likely to agree that “TV advertising often gives me something to talk about”;
• 14% more likely to agree that “Quite often I find TV advertising more entertaining than the programs”;
• 11% more likely to agree that “I think it’s the Government’s duty to support those who can’t find work”;
• 23% less likely to agree that “I seldom have time for breakfast”;
• 12% less likely to agree that “I often take advantage of the special offers on the back of my supermarket shopping docket”;
• 10% less likely to agree that “I enjoy buying magazines”.

Brisbane Lions supporters are:
• 45% more likely to agree that “I need a mobile phone to access the Internet”;
• 39% more likely to have eaten at a Red Rooster restaurant in the last four weeks;
• 26% more likely to agree that “I often take advantage of the special offers on the back of my supermarket shopping docket”;
• 23% more likely to agree that “If I didn’t have to carry a mobile phone for work, I wouldn’t have one at all”;
• 15% more likely to agree that “I buy the same food every week”;
• 14% (of respondents aged 18+) more likely to agree that “I like promotions that offer free gifts with a purchase of alcohol”;
• 13% (of respondents aged 18+) more likely to agree that “I drink alcohol mostly at home”;
• 13% more likely to agree that “I use coupons I find in magazines or on packets”;
• 13% more likely to agree that “My job often takes me outside of mobile phone network range”;
• 11% more likely to have Vodafone as their mobile phone service provider;
• 11% more likely to agree that “I often notice the advertisements on the tops and backs of taxis”;
• 11% less likely to agree that “I choose a car mainly on its looks”.

Carlton Blues supporters are:
• 41% more likely to have consumed Pepsi Light in the last seven days;
• 39% more like to have eaten at a Nando’s restaurant in the last four weeks;
• 36% more likely to agree that “I consider myself a homosexual”;
• 31% more likely to agree that “I usually notice the advertisements on shopping trolleys when I go grocery shopping”;
• 30% more likely to agree that “I sometimes use force to get things done”;
• 20% more likely to agree that “Quite often I find TV advertising more entertaining than the programs”;
• 17% more likely to agree that “There’s too much change going on these days”;
• 17% more likely to agree that “I choose a car mainly on its looks”;
• 15% more likely to agree that “I’m worried about interest rates at the moment”;
• 13% more likely to agree that “I always read the business section of the newspaper”;
• 12% more likely to agree that “I often enter competitions run by newspapers, magazines or radio stations”;
• 24% less likely to agree that “Computers and technology give me more control over my life”;
• 12% less likely to agree that “I’m a bit of an intellectual”.

Collingwood Magpies supporters are:
• 104% more likely to have made a purchase from Dimmeys/Forges in the last four weeks;
• 67% more likely to have made a purchase from The Athlete’s Foot in the last four weeks;
• 22% more likely to agree that “I avoid dairy foods whenever possible”;
• 21% more likely to have consumed V (energy drink) in the last seven days;
• 20% more likely to agree that “The food I eat is all, or almost all, vegetarian”;
• 19% (of respondents aged 18+) more likely to agree that “Australian beer is the only beer worth drinking”;
• 16% (of respondents aged 18+) more likely to agree that “Imported beer is a waste of money”;
• 13% more likely to agree that “I choose a car mainly on its looks”;
• 12% more likely to agree that “None of this stuff about the information super-highway makes sense to me”;
• 12% more likely to agree that “I’m constantly watching my weight”;
• 21% less likely to agree that “I regularly go to church or my place of worship”;
• 11% less likely to agree that “I always read the business section of the newspaper”;
• 11% less likely to agree that “I like things to stay the same”.

Essendon Bombers supporters are:
• 92% more likely to have consumed Red Bull in the last seven days;
• 35% more likely to agree that “I prefer the bright lights and big cities when I travel”;
• 34% more likely to agree that “I was born to shop”;
• 23% more likely to agree that “I need a mobile phone to give me more control over my life”;
• 20% more likely to have 3 Mobile as their mobile phone service provider;
• 20% more likely to agree that “I wear clothes that will get me noticed”;
• 18% more likely to agree that “It’s important to look fashionable”;
• 16% more likely to have eaten at a KFC restaurant in the last four weeks;
• 15% more likely to agree that “I buy more of a store’s own products than well known brands”;
• 15% more likely to agree that “I would seriously consider buying a 3G phone”;
• 13% more likely to agree that “I find TV advertising interesting”;
• 13% more likely to agree that “I often enter competitions which are on packets or labels on products”;
• 18% less likely to agree that “I often notice the advertisements on the tops and backs of taxis”.

Fremantle Dockers supporters are:
• 99% more likely to have eaten at a Red Rooster restaurant in the last four weeks;
• 35% more likely to have made a purchase from Bunnings in the last four weeks;
• 27% more likely to have Telstra as their mobile phone service provider;
• 23% more likely to agree that “I always think of the number of calories in the food I’m eating”;
• 22% more likely to agree that “I often enter competitions run by newspapers, magazines or radio stations”;
• 21% more likely to agree that “Crime is a growing problem in my community”;
• 14% more likely to agree that “I’m concerned about my cholesterol level”;
• 14% more likely to agree that “I feel less safe than I used to”;
• 26% less likely to agree that “I often take advantage of the special offers on the back of my supermarket shopping docket”;
• 26% less likely to agree that “I often notice the advertisements on the tops and backs of taxis”;
• 25% less likely to agree that “I love to do as many sports as possible”;
• 11% less likely to agree that “I can’t miss seeing those big billboard signs”;
• 11% less likely to agree that “I find TV advertising interesting”.

Geelong Cats supporters are:
• 40% more likely to have made a purchase from Harris Scarfe in the last four weeks;
• 34% more likely to have made a purchase from the ABC Shop in the last four weeks;
• 21% more likely to agree that “I try to buy organic food whenever I can”;
• 20% more likely to agree that “I avoid staying at accommodation that does not have genuine environmental policies”;
• 33% less likely to agree that “I need a mobile phone to access the Internet”;
• 21% (of respondents aged 18+) less likely to agree that “Beer is often a good way to start the night”;
• 19% less likely to agree that “I often enter competitions run by newspapers, magazines or radio stations”;
• 17% less likely to agree that “I usually notice the advertisements on shopping trolleys when I go grocery shopping”;
• 14% less likely to agree that “I find TV advertising interesting”;
• 12% less likely to agree that “I always read the business section of the newspaper”.

Hawthorn Hawks supporters are:
• 16% more likely to agree that “I often buy take away food to eat at home”;
• 15% more likely to agree that “Terrorists deserve the same rights as other criminals”;
• 13% more likely to agree that “I’m a bit of an intellectual”;
• 29% less likely to agree that “I always think of the number of calories in the food I’m eating”;
• 28% less likely to agree “I often enter competitions which are on packets or labels on products”;
• 28% less likely to agree that “I often enter competitions run by newspapers, magazines or radio stations”;
• 24% less likely to agree that “TV advertising often gives me something to talk about”;
• 22% less likely to agree that “I would have difficulty coping with a demanding job or career”;
• 15% less likely to agree that “I find TV advertising interesting”.

Kangaroos supporters are:
• 83% more likely to have consumed Red Bull in the last seven days;
• 38% more likely to have 3 Mobile as their mobile phone service provider;
• 27% more likely to agree that “I wear clothes that will get me noticed”;
• 24% more likely to have eaten at a Subway restaurant in the last four weeks;
• 19% more likely to agree that “Freedom is more important than the law”;
• 18% more likely to agree that “I enjoy buying magazines”;
• 18% more likely to agree that “I’m shy in social situations”;
• 18% more likely to agree that “I think it’s the Government’s duty to support those who can’t find work”;
• 18% more likely to agree that “I usually notice the advertisements on shopping trolleys when I go grocery shopping”;
• 17% more likely to agree that “I’m a bit of an intellectual”;
• 17% more likely to agree that “I often enter competitions which are on packets or labels on products”, but
• 21% less likely to agree that “I often take advantage of the special offers on the back of my supermarket shopping docket” and
• 17% less likely to agree that “I often redeem coupons to get discounts or special offers”.

Melbourne Demons supporters are:
• 37% more likely to agree that “I always read the business section of the newspaper”;
• 27% more likely to agree that “I like to drink wine with my meals”;
• 24% more likely to have 3 Mobile as their mobile phone service provider;
• 18% more likely to have made a purchase from David Jones in the last four weeks;
• 15% more likely to agree that “A low fat diet is a way of life for me”;
• 14% more likely to agree that “The Government is doing a good job running the country”;
• 14% more likely to agree that “The Australian economy appears to be improving”;
• 12% more likely to agree that “I believe a percentage of everyone’s income should go to charities”;
• 36% less likely to agree that “I often take advantage of the special offers on the back of my supermarket shopping docket”;
• 33% less likely to agree that “I often enter competitions run by newspapers, magazines or radio stations”;
• 19% less likely to agree that “I use coupons I find in magazines or on packets”.

Port Adelaide Power supporters are:
• 197% more likely to have made a purchase from Harris Scarfe in the last four weeks;
• 37% more likely to agree that “I usually notice the advertisements on shopping trolleys when I go grocery shopping”;
• 34% more likely to agree that “I don’t like to know too much about what’s going on in the world these days”;
• 30% more likely to agree that “Freedom is more important than the law”;
• 23% more likely to agree that “My pet is a fussy eater”;
• 21% more likely to agree that “For my next holiday, I’d really like a total ecotourism experience”;
• 20% more likely to agree that “I avoid staying at accommodation that does not have genuine environmental policies”;
• 19% more likely to have Vodafone as their mobile phone service provider;
• 16% more likely to agree that “I sometimes use force to get things done”;
• 15% more likely to agree that “I don’t read the ads in newspapers and magazines”;
• 12% more likely to agree that “I believe in taking risks”;
• 11% more likely to agree that “It is important to have a full social life”;
• 19% less likely to agree that “I often enter competitions which are on packets or labels on products”.

Richmond Tigers supporters are:
• 70% more likely to agree that “I consider myself a homosexual”;
• 38% more likely to have consumed Pepsi in the last seven days;
• 38% more likely to agree that “My job often takes me outside of mobile phone network range”;
• 36% more likely to agree that “I need a mobile phone to access the Internet”;
• 31% more likely to agree that “I usually notice the advertisements on shopping trolleys when I go grocery shopping”;
• 24% more likely to have Vodafone as their mobile phone service provider;
• 18% more likely to agree that “I look for new experiences every day”;
• 18% more likely to agree that “Quite often I find TV advertising more entertaining than the programs”;
• 17% more likely to agree that “I like to be with a crowd of people”;
• 17% more likely to agree that “Threats to the environment are exaggerated”;
• 15% less likely to agree that “I often redeem coupons to get discounts or special offers”;
• 12% less likely to agree that “I use coupons I find in magazines or on packets”.

St Kilda Saints supporters are:
• 54% more likely to have made a purchase from Autobarn in the last four weeks;
• 52% more likely to agree that “The food I eat is all, or almost all, vegetarian”;
• 50% more likely to have made a purchase from Clint’s Crazy Bargains in the last four weeks;
• 31% more likely to agree that “I usually notice the advertisements on shopping trolleys when I go grocery shopping”;
• 16% more likely to agree that “People often compliment me on my cooking”;
• 14% more likely to agree that “I always think of the number of calories in the food I’m eating”;
• 12% more likely to agree that “I find TV advertising interesting”;
• 30% less likely to agree that “I’d consider doing some of my grocery shopping on the Internet in the next 12 months”;
• 25% less likely to agree that “Imported beer is a waste of money”;
• 21% less likely to agree that “I often enter competitions which are on packets or labels on products”;
• 17% less likely to agree that “I often enter competitions run by newspapers, magazines or radio stations”;

Sydney Swans supporters are:
• 42% more likely to have made a purchase from Gloria Jean’s in the last four weeks;
• 38% more likely to have Vodafone as their mobile phone service provider;
• 23% more likely to agree that “It only feels like a holiday if I leave Australia”;
• 19% more likely to agree that “I often notice the advertisements on the tops and backs of taxis”;
• 19% more likely to agree that “I believe a percentage of everyone’s income should go to charities”;
• 18% more likely to agree that “I regularly go to church or my place of worship”;
• 15% (of respondents aged 18+) more likely to agree that “I drink more premium beer now than I used to”;
• 15% more likely to agree that “I love to do as many sports as possible”;
• 13% more likely to agree that “I often take advantage of the special offers on the back of my supermarket shopping docket”;
• 11% more likely to agree that “TV advertising often gives me something to talk about”;

West Coast Eagles supporters are:
• 59% more likely to have made a purchase from Dymocks book store in the last four weeks;
• 50% more likely to agree that “It only feels like a holiday if I leave Australia”;
• 37% more likely to agree that “I often enter competitions run by newspapers, magazines or radio stations”;
• 35% more likely to have eaten at a Hungry Jack’s outlet in the last four weeks;
• 24% more likely to agree that “I always think of the number of calories in the food I’m eating”;
• 22% more likely to agree that “I usually notice the advertisements on shopping trolleys when I go grocery shopping”;
• 22% more likely to agree that “I buy the same food every week”;
• 17% more likely to agree that “I believe homosexuality is immoral”;
• 17% more likely to agree that “The Australian economy appears to be improving”;
• 16% more likely to agree that “I don’t like to know too much about what’s going on in the world these days”;
• 13% more likely to agree that “I often notice the advertisements on the tops and backs of taxis”;
• 14% less likely to agree that “I always read the business section of the newspaper”;
• 12% less likely to agree that “Homosexual couples should be allowed to adopt children”.

Western Bulldogs supporters are:
• 118% more likely to have made a purchase from Colorado in the last four weeks;
• 81% more likely to agree that “I usually notice the advertisements on shopping trolleys when I go grocery shopping”;
• 40% more likely to have consumed Sprite in the last seven days;
• 38% more likely to agree that “Quite often I find TV advertising more entertaining than the programs”;
• 37% more likely to agree that “I often enter competitions which are on packets or labels on products”;
• 35% more likely to agree that “I find TV advertising interesting”;
• 27% more likely to agree that “I always read the business section of the newspaper”;
• 22% more likely to agree that “TV advertising often gives me something to talk about”;
• 19% more likely to agree that “I enjoy buying magazines”;
• 17% more likely to agree that “I often enter competitions run by newspapers, magazines or radio stations”;
• 12% more likely to agree that “I use coupons I find in magazines or on packets”;
• 22% less likely to agree that “Nearly all TV advertising annoys me”;

No comments: